The Ministry of the Interior ensures the maintenance and cohesion of the country’s institution, the representation and permanence of the State throughout the national territory, the integrity of public institutions, the respect for local freedoms and competences of Local and Regional Authorities in the context of decentralization.
- Ministère de l’intérieur, de l’outre mer, des collectivités territoriales et de l’immigration
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Reasons for Success in overcoming Obstacles
1. General legal framework enabling Local Authorities to cooperate across borders.
2. Cooperation at all levels of relevant institutions.
Good Practices in identifying and removing Obstacles
The creation of the cross-border operational mission enables the capitalization of knowledge and experience in cross-border cooperation.
Good Practices in developing Cross-border Cooperation
1. There are several intergovernmental commissions to monitor cross-border issues. These bodies of dialogue involve in some cases representatives of Local Authorities (e.g. "Commission intergouvernementale franco-germano-suisse" on Upper Rhin cooperation).
2. Possibility to create EGTCs [e.g. Euroregion Pyrénées méditerranée (F,ES)].
Obstacles to be removed by coordination between State and Regional Actors
Appropriate governance and coherent approach between the State and local communities.
Obstacles to be removed by International Cooperation
1. Improving legal framework for cooperation between EU Member States and third countries which are CoE members.
2. Improving application of Protocol No. 3 to the Madrid convention.