The CBC Read more [...]
- Case Study Description
- Related Case Studies
- Solutions and Good Practices
- Year of record
This CBC action aimed at improving the management of waste in the border areas between France, Wallonia and Flanders.
No specific obstacle for this activity. For general obstacles to CBC, please check the contributor's page.
Solutions and Good Practices:
The implementation of the "Miniwaste" Interreg 3A programme for CBC. The project aimed at building awareness on the matter of household waste ("smart shopping means less waste"). The main goal of the project was to reduce household waste by promoting home composting and the shopping for products that produce the least amount of waste.
The main activities of the project have been:
1. The organisation of cross-border workshops on composting, public water, social economy in waste management and the taxation system relating to waste.
2. Media campaign and citizen involvement on "smart shopping", public water and composting.
3. Sensibilisation of associatie buyers, both public and private.
4. Evalution of the campaign.
Year of record: 2012