Case Study Category: Crisis ManagementCase Study Tags: Belgorod Oblast, Crisis, EMERCOM, Emergency, Russian Federation, and Ukraine
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The CBC operation focused on the working relationship between the EMERCOM of the Belgorod Oblast and the Government Agencies of the Ukrainian bordering regions for emergency relief operations and mutual assistance.
The collaboration was based on the Agreement of 23 April 1997 between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of the Ukraine on cooperation in preventing industrial accidents, natural disasters and mitigation.
Presence of natural hazards (fires and floods) in the cross-border areas.
1. Prevention of industrial accidents, natural disasters that may occur in cross border territories, assessing their impact, exchange of information.
2. Organisation of joint conferences, seminars and workshops.
3. Joint planning, development and implementation of measures to prevent and reduce the risk of industrial or natural emergency situations in the territories of the Oblast.
4. Assessment of risk for the environment and public health domains in relation to possible contamination resulting from industrial accidents and natural disasters.
5. Assessment of the transboundary effects of industrial accidents and natural disasters on the environment.
6. Ensuring communication and mutual information exchange between the emergency services of the Oblasts.
7. Mutual assistance in responding to industrial accidents and natural disasters.
8. Carrying out any other activities related to the prevention of accidents, natural disasters and remediation of their consequences according to the instructions of the Ministry of Emergency of Russia and the Ministry of Emergency of the Ukraine.