No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The CBC action aimed at the development of a cross-border management system for protection against natural disasters within the regulations of the European Union.
Lack joint cross-border actions and prevention systems in decreasing environmental damages from fires and environmental accidents on sea and land caused by transport of dangerous waste.
A project to address the issue was implemented.
1. The creation of the necessary databases and professional specializations.
2. The organisation of a system for the exchange of information between responsible authorities that would enable a timely response to natural disasters.
3. The development of institutions, resources and methodology for the use of the responsible authorities.
The first part of the project was successfully completed in Pecs on 29 June 2005 with the signing of an Agreement on Cooperation in the Field of Protection against Natural Hazards and Disasters between the Osijek-Baranja County and the Baranya County.
1. The development of an information exchange programme for cross-border cooperation in the field of disaster management.
2. Training for information exchange, GIS measurements in frontier regions.
3. Two joint field exercises.
4. Development of a Study on Prevention of Forest Fires, and a study on the Readiness for a Nuclear Accident on the territory of the Osijek-Baranja County.
5. Established legal frameworks and procedure for response in case of wildfires in the region.
6. Established legal frameworks and procedure for exchange of information related to possible threats (e.g. threat of floods).