Contributor Category: ContributorContributor Tags: Contributor, Lviv, Lviv Oblast, and Ukraine
Since 2005 till 2010 member of working group of Ukraine-Polish Intergovernmental Steering Council on Intraregional Cooperation. Elaboration of legal and methodical maintenance of cross-border cooperation in Ukraine, including the Law of Ukraine on cross-border cooperation.
1. Ministry of Regional Development.
2. Ministry of Economics.
3. State Foundation for Local Self-Government.
4. State Regional Administrations.
5. Euroregions in Ukraine.
The cooperation is effective since 1996.
- Department in the Institute of Regional Research of the NAS
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Reasons for Success in overcoming Obstacles
1. Financial assistance of the EU Funds.
2. Good personal contacts of cross-border cooperation participants.
Good Practices in identifying and removing Obstacles
1. Definition of border area.
2. Projects promoting environmental protection, training and education.
Good Practices in developing Cross-border Cooperation
Decisions of Joint Intergovernmental Steering Board on creation of clusters in tourist, ecological and IT spheres, etc.
Reasons for Obstacles Persistence
Local Authorities have no power to engage in cross-border cooperation or to tackle any cross-border cooperation matters without State intervention.
Obstacles to be removed by Unilateral Action (State/Regional)
1. Regional policy reform.
2. Legal frameworks harmonisation.
3. Establishing efficient cross-border cooperation insfrastructures improving mobility and border crossing.
4. Building up human and social capital on Cross-Border Cooperation.
Obstacles to be removed by coordination between State and Regional Actors
Financing of Cross-Border Cooperation projects and development of infrastructure require joint action by both States and Regional/Local Authorities.
Obstacles to be removed by International Cooperation
1. Require bilateral cooperation with neighbouring State/Region.
2. Armonisation of legal framework to EU regulations and directives.