The focus of the work carried out by the Ministry of Environment and Energy is to create conditions for sustainable development. The scope of work of the Ministry includes task related to protection and conservation of the environment and nature in line with the sustainable development policy of the Republic of Croatia, as well as tasks related to water management and administrative and other tasks from the field of energy.
- Directorate for Atmosphere and Waste Management - Physical Planning and Construction
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Reasons for Success in overcoming Obstacles
1. Long-established regional cooperation, on bilateral and multilateral levels (i.e. enabling inter-institutional and personal cooperation).
2. Cooperation structures are developed to increase the efficiency of LAs powers and competences whilst applying them in a cross-border fashion.
3. Exchange of best practices of stakeholders working in specific fields across borders.
4. Stakeholders in the protection and rescue systems aware of the fact that disasters and emergencies are regional and cross-national issues
(i.e. cooperation is necessary).
Reasons for Obstacles Persistence
1. Lack of flexibility in competent institutions.
2. Complex procedures in EU programmes are burdensome for small Local Authorities.
3. Lack of resources.
Obstacles to be removed by Unilateral Actions (State/Regional)
1. Auditing support for international projects.
2. Standard recruitment practices for specialised personnel.
Obstacles to be removed by coordination between State and Regional Actors
1. Coordination of national policies and laws that are applied in project implementation (i.e. procurements, administrative procedures).
2. Establishing international partnerships among Local Authorities.
Obstacles to be removed by International Cooperation
1. Lack of ad hoc interstate agreements.
2. Lack of funding.