The CBC Read more [...]
- Case Study Description
- Related Case Studies
- Solutions and Good Practices
The CBC operation focused on the constitution of the Eurocity Chaves (Portugal)-Verin (Spain) based on the promotion of scale economies and the use of the existing synergies.
1. Insufficient capacity – in terms of human and economic resources as well as administrative competence – to manage both conurbations.
2. Different legal systems in the implementation of the cross-border projects.
3. Lack of joint health care facilities (joint blood banks, cross-border treatment of cancer patients) and problems with patient admissions in the hospitals in the neighboring countries.
4. Presence of several administrative barriers.
Solutions and Good Practices:
1. Development of the tourism sector (specially thermal springs/spa).
2. Integration and promotion of the logistic sector.
3. Development of common infrastructures and sportive practices.
4. Promotion of the culture (common usage of infrastructures and equipments).
5. Promotion of the local production (rural areas development).
6. Establishment of a bilateral/trilateral cooperation between the respective authorities.