The CBC action aimed Read more [...]
- Case Study Description
- Related Case Studies
- Solutions and Good Practices
- Year of record
The CBC action aimed to implement the cross-border project “Connecting touristic centers and roads along the Danube via ferry connection between Dunaremete (HU) and Bős (Gabčíkovo, SK)”.
The Municipality of Lipót and the Municipality of Dunaremete (as the Managing Partner) in Hungary and the Municipality of Bős (Obec Gabcíkovo) and Nagyszombat County (Trnavsky Samospravny kraj) in Slovakia are partners of the project.
No specific obstacle for this activity. For general obstacles to CBC, please check the contributor's page.
Solutions and Good Practices:
1. Creation of an economic-friendly alternative cross-border infrastructure through the establishment of a new ferry-connection between the two countries. This will improve interaction between communities and business organisations on both sides of the border.
2. Improvement of the socio-economic activity of the border region by promoting tourism and agriculture resulting in the improvement of the quality of life for the local communities and visitors to the region.
3. Establishment of cross-border collaboration in infrastructural, cultural, and economic activities.
4. Development of facilities for the extension of the project to other geographic and economic regions.
Year of record: 2012