Head of Technical Secretariat of the Estonian-Latvian Intergovernmental Commission of cross-border cooperation.
Deputy member of monitoring committee of the Estonian-Latvian CBC Programme (Interreg strand A).
Member of board of the Estonian section of Euregio Pskov-Livonia (EE-LV-RU).
1. Ministries and Governmental Institutions, Regional and Local Authorities.
2. Ministries and Governmental Institutions and Regional Authorities.
3. Local and Regional Authorities.
The cooperation is effective since 1994.
- Valga County Government
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Good Practices in identifying and removing Obstacles
1. Cross-border movement of emergency medical services.
2. Joint Estonian-Latvian Intergovernmental Commission for cross-border cooperation by the Ministers of Regional Affairs of Estonia and Latvia.
(The four joint working groups of the Commission work out proposals of improving national legislations and working out agreements between the countries for improvement of cross-border collaboration).
Good Practices in identifying Cross-border territory as a spatial planning unit
Valga and Valka Municipalities have to get approval to their plans from the neighbouring municipalities within their country, but not from an adjacent municipality of the other side of the national border.
Reasons for Obstacles Persistence
Presence of bureaucratic barriers.
Obstacles to be removed by Unilateral Action (State/Regional)
Introduction of legislation on border areas.
Obstacles to be removed by International Cooperation
Project based cooperation (providing cross-border services in health care, joint emergency and rescue services).