Austrian regional administrations are involved in transfrontier cooperation, e. G. As managers of regional bodies and certifying authorities in the programmes of european territorial cooperation. Furthermore, the austrian regional administrations participate in regional transnational organisations, e. G. Working community of the alpine regions, working community of the danube regions etc.
The ETC-programmes is effecive since 995 while not EU-funded cross-border cooperation started much earlier in 1972.
- Land Vorarlberg Amt Der Vorarlberger Landesregierung
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Reasons for Success in overcoming Obstacles
Long-lasting formal structures for cooperation (CBC programmes authorities in ETC, Alpine Regions Working Community, Danube Regions Working Community).
Good Practices in identifying and removing Obstacles
1. Project-based cooperation.
2. Performing need assessment.
3. Stakeholders participation.
Reasons for Obstacles Persistence
1. National and local interests.
2. Effective cross-border cooperation is a lengthy process.
3. Identifying relevant actors.
4. National and regional regulatory frameworks.
5. Identifying relevant actors.
6. Problems and needs assessment.
Obstacles to be removed by International Cooperation
Cross-border programmes improve CBC capacity of neighbouring Local Authorities with similar competencies.